Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Felt Crown and an Announcement

My poor little girl is home sick today .. so I thought that we could have some crafty fun together!  So we made this simple, sweet felt crown.
It was easy and fun to make and it all started with this earring that came a garage sale for a dollar!
I started by cutting a rectangle piece of white felt that was folded over.
 Then I folded a small piece so that it would have a thicker edge.
Next I sewed it into place (for my regular long time followers.. can you imagine.. me sewing?)
Then cut the crown top.
Then I sewed around each edge.
I also added a piece of elastic so that it would fit nicely without being too tight.
And here it is just begging to be embellished!  At this point it could go for a boy or girl.. or of course a cute crown in honor of the late Great Maurice Sendak and "Where the wild things are" kind of crown.
Next I added a pink feather boa with a hot glue gun.
Then I added my bling.. cause every princess needs some sparkle!
I love it!  Nothing makes you feel better than being treated like a princess!
And now for the announcement!  I am soo excited to announce that tomorrow I will be hosting  a new Blog Hop for all of my lovely bloggy friends who have under 300 followers!  So if you are new to blogging and looking for some new followers or some new blogs to follow stop by and link up!
The rules for the hop are simple.. follow me, follow my co host, the lovely Lelanie from

and follow our featured under 300 followers guest blogger!
Want to be featured in the future?  Shoot me an email at amieirwin (at) yahoo (dot) com  we'd be glad to have you!
Love,
Pinkapotamus
p.s.  Want to see more of  me and find out how to make this cute headband? 
Stop by and visit my Mom Hero Charlene at




I am sharing with these awesome blogs!
 
NightOwlCrafting

1 comment:

  1. How on earth are you able to sew and look after a sick kid?! Fab crown, sure beats the sick days I had as a kid, I always wanted to break my leg or an arm, I bet I could have got a crown then.

    Hope your daughter is feeling better.

    Ohhh how exciting a blog party linky hostess, hope it goes real well for you and Lelanie.

    ReplyDelete