Saturday, February 4, 2012

My Funny Valentines

Holidays here at Pinkapotamus tend to be a wee bit silly.. and this year is NOOO exception!  So here is your *warning* that this post is filled with random bits of silliness.. but if you are NOT prepared to laugh.. walk away.. NOW!
Introducing (much to their chagrin) MY FUNNY VALENTINES!
Ever wanted to make your kids look silly?!?.. Well, my friends here's your chance because I am providing you with the full tutorial on how to make your very own Funny Valentines!
Ingredients:
Wood Hearts
Pictures of your Kids
Acrylic paint
Mod Podge
Googly Eyes
Foam or paper bow ties, mustaches, etc
Scrapbook paper
Ribbon
Start with your kids pics.. I love to use the school pics because they look sooo serious.. and perfectly dressed for the occasion.
Next paint the wood hearts. 
I painted two red, one pink and the tops white.
Next Mod Podge your kids cutout pictures.
For the boys.. I also added some fun mustaches!
Then I added my banners.  One for each heart so that they spelled out "My Funny Valentines".
Once the Mod Podge dried, I added googly eyes, bows, bow ties, necklaces and hearts all around.
And now for your amusement here are my individual funny Valentines!
First up we have the Debonair Gentleman.

Netxt up is my Darling Diva!
And last but certainly not least is my Valentine baby or Mr. Mini Tom Selleck!
So then the next question is how are you going to hang your litlle lovies for all the world to see?
Well to answer your question, I stapled mine to some hot Pink ribbon and hung them on the front door! 
I hope you found this project as amusing as I did, because I really do think my little Valentine's are funny.. not to mention A-dorable!
I am sharing with
toomuchtime

Photobucket


Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special








Photobucket
Wayward Weekend
Making
The Girl Creative


It's a Blog Party



Love,
Pinkapotamus

4 comments:

  1. Ahahaha these are SO AWESOME!!!! I love love love these. Such a fun idea. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I can't wait to show my kids! They'll be laughing on the floor! I found you through Cherished Treasures. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks such fun... but don't forget your kids get to chooose your nursing home... might need to have hidden these when that time comes around ;-)

    Actually, I am tempted to make one with my son on it for his girlfriend - he is 25 and the perfect age to attempt to embarass! And GF would find it amusing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun idea! Thanks so much for joining us on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We loved having you and hope to see you back next Saturday with more great ideas! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete