Sunday, January 29, 2012

Conversation Heart Gumball Machine

Valentine's Day could never be complete without some conversation hearts, right?  So here is my Sweet creation without the calories!
Want to make one?  Well you're in luck.. here's the tutorial!
Ingredients
Clay pot
Clay lid
glass bowl
wood hearts
scrapbook paper
acrylic paint (spray paint too!)
ribbon
hot glue gun
Mod Podge

Start by painting your clay pot.. I used spray paint but forgot to take a picture.. whoops!
Then paint your cute little wood hearts.  I used red and white.
Once the paint dried then I cut hearts out of glitter scrapbook paper and glued them to the hearts with a glue stick.  In this situation it works better than the Mod Podge.   Then I Mod Podged the words onto the glittered hearts.
Here's what all my little hearts had to say!
Next I glued half of a styrofoam ball to the top of my clay pot.  I had to fudge it a little since I didn't have quite enough hearts.  So I added this to take up a little extra space.
Then I put my little hearts into the glass bowl, trying to make the glittery words face out.  Then I put it on top of the clay pot.  Then glued the lid onto the top of the bowl.  Then I added some little embellishments to the front and top.
Last I added a ribbon and placed it on the mantle!
Can't wait to see what you have to share tomorrow on the Pink Hippo Party!
I am sharing with
Everything Under the Moon
The Girl Creative







Love,
Pinkapotamus

3 comments:

  1. So cute, I love the alternate use of the pots!!
    A few blog friends and I are hosting our first link party tomorrow to finish off the Imagine the Impossibilities Challenge, we go live at 7amET. Today I revealed my project for the challenge, a gallery wall with only one screw in the wall. It would be great if you have a chance to check it out and link up! http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/30/the-one-screw-gallery-wall-is-here/
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog = your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great,thanks for joining us at Creative Mondays :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! It is so stinkin cute! I'm your newest follower. www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete