Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Fun.. Mixed Media Style

I've said it once and I'll say it again.. sometimes I just make things to be silly! 
So here is a great example!
So if you would like to make some mixed media summer fun of your own.. here is how I made it:
Ingredients
acrylic paint
wood frame
wood people
scrapbook paper
shells
Mod Podge
glue


First I started with the background. 
I added the scrapbook paper to make the sky, waves and sand.

Next I painted my people

and of course gave them beachwear.

Next I painted the outside of the frame blue and then covered the bottom in sand with glue.
Then I added my people and some shells for the full picture.

Some summer fun on the first day of summer and summer vacation for us here in NJ!

I am sharing with
Strictly Homemade Tuesday

Photobucket












 Love,
Pinkapotamus

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I love it!!!!

    xoxox Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very cute project! thanks for sharing!
    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I love it. So whimsical and summery!

    ReplyDelete