Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chocolate Covered Nutella filled Girl Scout Cookies! Oh Yeah!


It's that time of year again.. that's right Girl Scout cookie season.  This year I am not only the fearless LEADER but ALSO the Cookie Mom. 


It's a big job .. but somebody's got to do it!  So that means that I had to order all of the cookies.. which means that there is also a surplus of about 40 boxes to be sold.  So I bought myself a box of Trefoils and thought they they would be even better if only they were covered in chocolate and filled with Nutella!  (and of course some with peanut butter so that my family does not die from chocolate overload!)  So here is how I made these awesome confections!

Ingredients
1 Box Trefoils
peanut butter
nutella

Chocolate coating
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
2 TBLS butter
1/4 cup light cream

Start by peanut buttering and Nutellaing (yes I used it as a verb!) half of your Trefoil cookies.
Then sandwich them together and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment.
Next start making your chocolate for dipping. Melt your chocolate chips with butter in the microwave.


 Start with 30 seconds then mix and repeat. It will be the consistency of icing.
Add 1/4 cup of cream and mix until smooth!
Now dip your cookies!

When all your cookies are dipped place in refrigerator for
15 - 30 minutes to set up.
So eat up and enjoy and don't forget to share cause it's the Girl Scout thing to do!

Love,
Pinkapotamus

4 comments:

  1. These look so yummy! Might need to get some cookies in from the store and try some of these, for the boys to enjoy of course!

    Lovin the new pics on the header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm leader and cookie mom too! & I just spent the afternoon milk chocolate coating my box of do-si-dos. SOOOO good!! I think I'll have to try this next!

    ReplyDelete