Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Science Experiements 101

If you didn't stop by my blog swap last week with Crafty Cierra.. here is a look at my Halloween project post!
My kids LOVE anything that has anything to do with science.  So this Halloween I thought that it would be fun to do some spooky science experiements for creepy Halloween decoarations.   We took several of our recycled glass jars and some bottles of corn syrup and for about $7 we had some FUN!


First we cleaned out our jars and removed the labels. 

Then we poured in the food coloring and added our creepy additions.  We used the items that GROW as they absorb water.. we are waiting to see if they grown in corn syrup (after several days of floating.. they didn't grow). 

Then we made labels that my son made up.  He called them "Green Death", "Eyeball Stew" and "Blue Venom"  Isn't he cute?

Then we glued the labels onto spooky Halloween paper and made cards that stand with the names. 

We displayed it all together on our shoe organizer (which I won't show you because it is too messy!) and viola we have a super creepy.. super cute display!

You can't tell in the picture but there is a skeleton floating in there!
And lastly here it all is together with the spider webbing that is hanging ALL over my house!  So glad the kids love to decorate for Halloween!

Happy Haunting!
I am linking this to a Crafty Soiree @ http://www.katiesnestingspot.com/
Love,
Pinkapotamus!

3 comments:

  1. that looks like so much fun. I'll have to try that as center table pieces for this year's Halloween party. The titles are pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see you at A Crafty Soiree! Your specimen bottles are too fun and I love how your son was involved with naming them. He did a great job and between you and me I'm surprised the things didn't grow at least a little. But maybe that's a good thing, because if they had, might they have exploded the bottles? Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing you next time too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are really fun! thanks so much for joining us at a crafty soiree... love your stuff!

    ReplyDelete